This course is suitable for those who have been using Vectorworks and never dared to venture into the third dimension. The course is not aimed at any specific design discipline, but looks at the fundamentals of modelling in 3D whether that be a custom roof, a pergola, a tensile fabric structure or piece of furniture.
Students intending to move into the world of BIM (Building Information Modelling) will find the ability to model custom objects with Vectorworks invaluable.
Course Agenda— 1 DAY
- Understand 3D Viewing Tools
- Create Extrudes and Sweeps in a multitude of forms
- Model solids with the interactive Push/Pull and automatic plane detection functionality
- Use the Taper Face and Deform tools to create just about anything
- Create detail with Fillet and Chamfer tools
- Use the Subdivision Modelling tool to create organic shapes
- Face NURBS modelling without fear
Find out which tools already draw in 3D without you knowing it, and find out how to model those extra things you need for your design. We will also look at a basic introduction to rendering 3D drawings (OpenGL—available on every Vectorworks licence). (Garden Designers and Architects please note that this course does not cover site modelling as there is just too much to cover in one day in a group session).
Optional Follow-on courses
- Move to BIM with Vectorworks Architect
- Vectorworks Landmark for Garden Design Designers
- Vectorworks Landmark for Landscape Architects
This course, when taken as part of our public schedule, at our office in Newbury, costs £200 plus VAT per delegate. Vectorworks Service Select customers are entitled to a 20% discount, again, only when taken as part of a public schedule course at our office in Newbury. If you wish to arrange company-specific or onsite training, please contact our sales team to request a quote.